Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Conversations RE: Tacoma



Being "unemployed" as many consider me since I'm not working for someone else, I get a number of requests for my time - and time seems to be dwindling these days. While I'm reducing the number of yes' I do still work on some pro-bono projects. Above is a logo designed for a new lecture series which is being held in Tacoma.

The goal for the lecture series is to "provoke" and "stimulate." I'm not sure if this logo is achieving this in the way originally envisioned but do believe it is doing so in ways not originaly thought of such as:
Red color grabs, puts you a bit on edge
The inclusion of "regarding," "redefining," and "reinventing" stimulate your thoughts to work on what this might mean
The large RE: pulls you in
And while overall the text makes perfect sense, initially it seems perhaps a bit incongruous, which means you must do a little work to understand - something I often strive for in my work

When the text for each of the three lectures is finalized I'll add the poster and the final version of the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment